University Relations is the central communications office of the University of Minnesota. We work to develop relationships with people both internal and external to the University through timely and accurate communications.
Our mission—building trust, understanding, and pride in the University—informs all areas of work that we do.
- work with the president and others in central administration to determine the broad messages to be conveyed to internal and external audiences;
- build University and community pride through marketing and communications initiatives;
- communicate with internal and external constituencies in person, through websites, in the mass media, and through other media;
- develop and implement programs to connect alumni, donors, neighbors, and friends to the University; and
- advocate for University goals, objectives, and needs to local, state, and federal governments.
Our office’s resources are aligned into two broad units—Public Relations and Marketing. To find out more about these units, and the associated University of Minnesota Alumni Association, please explore this website.
Office of University Relations
3 Morrill Hall
100 Church Street S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Key priority activities and evergreen information that tells the broader University story.
PDF Link: May 2016