The Public Relations team tells the stories of the people, the work, and the value that the University of Minnesota delivers to the state, its economy, and its residents. We work with internal and external partners to communicate through the media and other venues.
What we do:
- Strategically tell the U’s story to advance the President’s priorities and the University’s strategic plan
- Publicize stories about University faculty, staff, and student accomplishments and institutional priorities to increase the University’s reputation locally, nationally, and internationally
- Support the University’s request to the Minnesota Legislature, on federal issues, and through advocacy efforts
- Provide public relations support and counsel to colleges, units, and campuses, including developing communications plans and messages
- Engage internal and external stakeholders as appropriate to advance the University’s mission, and reinforce transparency and accountability
- Manage media relations and media training for the Twin Cities campus; provide additional support for Greater Minnesota campuses
- Conduct media training and coaching for faculty, staff, and students
- Manage issues and crises effectively; act as Public Information Office during emergencies
- Support a positive, informed and engaged system-wide employee culture that reflects the U’s values, mission and strategic priorities
- Manage the development and implementation of systemwide initiatives
For more information about Public Relations, contact Chuck Tombarge at 612-624-5551 or email@example.com. To reach the News Service, call 612-624-5551.
Resources and Services
University News Service
Resources for Internal Communications
Strategic Communications Consulting and Initiatives
University Relations has dedicated staff to identify, develop, and implement communications strategies in support of major presidential and broad University initiatives. Working with senior leadership, deans, faculty, and staff from across the University, this team leads the development and execution of strategic communication plans, communications assessments, and provides expert consultation on a variety of communications needs.
For more information contact Ann Freeman