Promoting Campus Climate and the Bias Response and Referral Network
Now in its fifth year, the campus climate initiative on the Twin Cities campus is one of President Kaler's top priorities. Our campuswide goals are to support a welcoming, inclusive campus climate in which all persons are treated with respect and to nurture an environment that allows everyone the opportunity to succeed.
We invite you to support and help promote the campus climate initiative and the Bias Response and Referral Network in the following ways:
- The Campus Climate website is a central hub for campus climate news, information, and perspectives. Submit your stories (or story ideas), events, and accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication on the website.
- Stay informed by subscribing to the weekly Campus Climate email and encourage others to do the same. The email has nearly 1,000 subscribers, reaching faculty, staff, and students with an interest in this topic.
- When adding Campus Climate-related events to the main Events Calendar, add the keywords "campus climate" and those events will automatically be promoted on the Campus Climate website and on related channels.
- Like and follow the Campus Climate Facebook page and Twitter account.
The Bias Response and Referral Network (BRRN)
- The BRRN website has recently been updated. Please share this resource in your internal communications channels.
- Members of the Twin Cities campus community and visitors to campus can report bias incidents to the BRRN by:
- Order BRRN postcards! We have updated our BRRN promotional postcards and once again are offering them for your use at no cost to your department or unit. They are available through Printing Services, which has set up a special link for your ordering convenience. The minimum order is 50 and supplies are limited, so order yours today!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 612-624-1663
Director, Campus Climate Initiatives
Office for Equity and Diversity