Journalists Identify Top (Share-Friendly) Health Publications
Have you identified a consumer-friendly health story with national implications, but aren’t quite sure what outlets should see it first? While audience is important, as you build media lists, keep outlets that offer the most social media “bang for your buck” top of mind, too.
Last year, 63 percent of polled journalists said they tracked social shares, and many strongly consider a story’s potential to stand out on social media when deliberating what to write about.
With that in mind, here are the top health and science outlets that received the most social shares in 2018, according to Muck Rack:
- STAT (15,741 shares)
- Science Magazine (6,042 shares)
- Scientific American (5,706 shares)
- New Scientist (3,585 shares)
- Popular Science (3,115 shares)
- Modern Healthcare (2,766 shares)
- Kaiser Health News (2,641 shares)
- Health Service Journal (2,589 shares)
- ENDPOINTS (2,570 shares)
- Pharma Intelligence (2,530 shares)
If you are interested in reaching these outlets with future pitches and/or news releases, the University Public Relations team is happy to be a resource for you. Contact us any time at 612-624-6551 or email@example.com.