Professional associations and organizations are a great way to connect with other communications specialists who experience similar challenges and opportunities. They are also a way to keep on top of industry trends and advancements in technology. Here are a few regional communications-related associations that are worth checking out (this list is not exhaustive, but a good starting point):
- Communicators Forum: The Communicators Forum promotes excellence in communications and enhances cooperation among communications professionals working right here at the University. They offer topical monthly programs and a daylong annual spring conference, full of inspirational and important communications tips, tricks, and trends.
- American Advertising Federation of Central Minnesota: AAF of Central Minnesota targets advertising professionals in sales, marketing, creative, publishing, print, radio, television, and photography. AAFCM is in the eighth district of the AAF, which is dedicated to protecting and advancing the interests of the advertising industry.
- Minnesota Public Relations Society of America (MN PRSA): Minnesota PRSA is a chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), the world’s largest organization for public relations professionals. Through programs and services, Minnesota PRSA engages members at every stage of their careers with the knowledge, resources, and connections to achieve professional excellence, drive ethical and strategic outcomes, and advocate for the profession.
- Minnesota Association of Government Communicators (MAGC): MAGC is a peer organization of professionals who are dedicated to improving public-sector communications. They organize workshops, an annual conference, and various other activities to improve communications skills and strengthen peer networks. Members represent all levels of government—federal, state, regional, county, and local—as well as school districts, universities and colleges, nonprofits, and agencies serving these organizations.
- Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association (MIMA): MIMA, the longest-standing digital marketing association in the country, creates opportunities for digital marketers in Minnesota to collaborate and learn from one another. Run by volunteers, the association hosts monthly keynote speakers, meetups, an annual summit, and member-only coffee + case study events.
Which professional organizations are your favorites? Which ones did we miss? Let us know at email@example.com.