Create a Sender Profile in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Sender profiles allow you to specify both the "from" and "reply-to" email addresses for your mass email sends. If you don't use a sender profile, your "from" and "reply-to" email address will look something like this:
People have become much more aware and wary of phishing attacks and have reported legitimate UofM emails to email@example.com with from/reply addresses formatted in this way. To avoid this and instill confidence in your recipients that your communications are legitimate and safe you'll need to customize these attributes.
Create a Sender Profile
- Login to Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Hover over Email Studio and click Email
- In the gray bar across the top of the page click Admin
- Click Sender Profiles under Send Management in the left nav
- Click Create
- Name the profile. Use something that explains both the "from" and "reply" properties of the profile. For instance "Jane Doe No-Reply".
- Copy your entry from the Name field into the External Key field.
- Under the "Sender" section, select the Use the Specified Information radio button
- Enter a From Name (e.g. Jane Doe) and an email address.
- Under the "Custom Reply Mail Management Settings" section, select the Use custom settings below checkbox
- Under "Forward to" select the Use specified information radio button
- Enter a name and email address.
- Click Save at the top
Use a Sender Profile
Start sending your email using Guided Send.
When you get to Set Send Options:
- Under "From Options" select the Select a Send Classification radio button
- Select the Overwrite Sender Profile with checkbox then in the following dropdown select your sender profile
- Continue with your send