Scope of Work
We work with leaders and communications teams across the U of M System to share stories with media and external audiences about the people, the work and the value that the University delivers to our students, our state's economy, every Minnesotan and beyond.
The public relations team provides a full suite of external communications and media relations services to widely share University stories and enhance the University’s reputation.
- Strategic and leadership counsel
- Short- and long-term communications planning and message development
- Responsive and proactive media engagement to connect journalists with faculty expertise and University leaders
- Thought leadership assistance (planning and materials development)
- Priority story amplification (e.g., University research and expertise; mission-based, legislative, Board of Regents or administrative priorities)
- Media training for senior leadership, faculty, staff and students
- Issues management
- Crisis communications