Mass Email Templates
This resource is available to U of M faculty, staff, and departmental accounts.Login to Download
There are two ways to use a mass email template for your messages—by using templates already available in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or by downloading a template. The download button on this page is for the latter.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Templates
Mass email templates are built into Salesforce Marketing Cloud and links to their instructions for use are below. Be sure to choose the appropriate instructions based on your campus and whether you are using Content Builder or Classic Content.
You do not need to download the templates from this site to use a template in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Content Builder Template Instructions
Classic Content Template Instructions
- Marketing Cloud Classic Content Branded Template: Twin Cities
- Marketing Cloud Classic Content Branded Template: System Campus
Mass Email Templates
If you are not using Salesforce Marketing Cloud to send your messages, use the download button above to download branded templates.
The email template download is coded to be responsive. Text and images in the email template will resize in order to render well on a range of screen sizes from mobile to desktop.
The download includes templates for HTML and plain text email messages, as well as graphic headers for each campus. A short header variant (not campus-specific) is also included with three background color options: black, maroon, and gold.
The responsive email template has been tested on all major email clients, including mobile email clients, and provides consistent rendering as is.
A web developer or staff member familiar with the nuances of HTML email should customize the templates for your unit.
The downloadable version contains code for:
- Preheader text (for more information about preheader text, see A practical guide for preheaders from Campaign Monitor)
- A standard University of Minnesota graphic header that meets brand requirements (the template download includes a graphic header for each campus)
- A section for a unit, project, or other pertinent name/heading (insert custom text by replacing the “UNIT NAME” in the code)
- A paragraph
- A primary text heading
- A secondary text heading
- A link
- Footer text (see Mass Email Requirements for information on required elements that can be placed in the footer)
The template also contains comments (denoted by <!-- comment text --> and /*comment text*/) that will explain the purpose and use of the different sections. Note: These comments should be removed before sending the email.
All of the tables in this template are single column, nested inside one another. It is difficult to use multiple columns in a responsive email, and we advise against that at this time (spring 2016).
- About Mass Email
- Mass Email Best Practices and Accessibility
- Mass Email Lists
- Mass Email Requirements