8 Essential Digital Resources to Bookmark Today
The University of Minnesota offers technology services to support students, faculty, and staff in our work and studies. Learn about services that help keep you productive, support learning, and enable collaboration and communication.
Technology Help website
The Technology Help website is your self-help resource to discover, access, and learn to use centrally-supported technology tools and services. Visit it.umn.edu and browse to discover services or search for just-in-time how-to instructions, training, and information.
- Visit Technology Training to explore online or blended training options, and enroll in available courses for students, faculty, and staff.
- Contact Technology Help to connect with helpful staff to ensure your devices and software are up-to-date and secure.
- Learn more about using Drupal and Drupal Lite for your content management system (CMS) needs and how to stay on track with your Drupal transition.
- Discover how you can use the Folwell Design System with Drupal, Drupal Lite, and other CMS solutions, so you have a solid foundation from which to design and build engaging, accessible websites.
- Find out how Google Sites can be built with little to no web development experience, while offering enhanced collaboration and better integration with Google Drive. Also, find details about upgrading your Google Sites before November 30, 2021.
- Receive Technology Help service desk support 24/7 or chat with friendly UMN Technology help staff at chat.it.umn.edu.
Web Standards and Best Practices
University Relations leads the University of Minnesota’s branding efforts by establishing web standards and best practices for the University.
- Find information on the Google Custom Search Engine design and configuration recommendations for University websites.
- Use the template builder to create the required web header and footer for sites that don’t use enterprise Drupal.
- Use branded templates for Google Docs, Slides, and Sites.
- Submit questions to email@example.com
Digital Accessibility and Inclusion
The University values and actively pursues diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We are actively working to cultivate inclusion in our digital spaces by learning and practicing digital accessibility skills.
- Learn about the seven core skills on AccessibleU, take a badging course, or request a consultation to get started.
- Explore the web accessibility services offered by the Disability Resource Center and request a digital accessibility assessment.
- Discover the usability and user experience (UX) analysis offered at no additional cost to departments by Usability Services.
The University offers both Google Forms and Qualtrics as options for web-based surveys.
- Explore how Qualtrics can meet your needs for both simple and complex surveys. Whether your need is for research, teaching, administration, or other purposes, Qualtrics is easy-to-use and full of features.
- Help protect students, faculty, and staff from survey burden by working with U-SAT for large surveys.
- Contact the Office of Measurement Services to bridge the gap between do-it-yourself and advanced level survey programming. Project Managers can also incorporate the use of Qualtrics with other data collection modes (mail, phone, focus groups) in the areas of survey research, evaluation, and assessment. Non-profit rates apply.
- Explore how easy it is to use Google Forms to create your own surveys, sign-up forms, and impromptu polls. The results are stored in Google Sheets for easy analysis.
- Use branded templates for your Google Form needs.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC)
Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC) is an enterprise-level marketing platform that combines mass email, marketing automation, digital advertising, data management, and analytics.
- Explore how you can use SMC to plan, personalize, and optimize your digital marketing strategy.
- Learn more about how to follow University Relations’s Mass Email Requirements & Guidelines.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MyU is the University of Minnesota's enterprise portal, delivering many services to our students, faculty, and staff. It gives the University community a personalized, user-focused web experience in support of the University's mission of teaching, research, and outreach.
- Read role-based, targeted MyU News features for need-to-know information and current events on campus.
- Submissions must come from a department, unit, or campus, not from students, student groups or clubs. Email email@example.com for more information.
Photo Video Library
The University Photo and Video library features high-quality photos and videos from all of the University of Minnesota campuses.
- Use it to find campus scenes, student life, classes and labs, buildings, and people.
- Free for faculty and staff to use with your University login.
Technology Groups at the U
The University tech community is highly inclusive and there are a number of groups that offer valuable networking opportunities and will help enhance your career with useful information related to your work.
- Browse the Tech People website to explore the many opportunities to get involved with like-minded individuals.
- Sign in to the Technology Portfolio to find technology experts & communities. Filter by topic or category. If you would like to add an IT-related group to the list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.